Saturday, June 8, 2013

That Time I Traded My Newborn For Some Photos

It's not quite as bad as it sounds. Ok, it's actually not bad at all. ;) It was a Saturday afternoon in February and my friend had a booth at a Valentine's Day Expo for her esthetics's services (hit me up for a referral and discount if you're in the market for said services, I will hook you up!). So I hauled my grossly pregnant self down there to be supportive, but mostly to eat all her Valentine's candy, and also for the free facial. While I was there being ultra-supportive, this sweet, bubbly lady approached me from across the room and asked me when I was due and if she could borrow my baby upon birth. After feigning shock and offense, "What?! You think I'm pregnant?! Haha, just kidding, yeah, this kids is gonna pop anytime," she proceeded to lay out her proposition. Turns out she is a photographer wanting to offer me a FREE newborn photo shoot because she needed some practice with newborns, as well as shots for her growing portfolio. I had been thinking about newborn photography prior to this, but couldn't think how I was going to be able to afford it, so her offer was a fortuitous and welcome surprise! As the Universe would have it, I went into labor that evening. 10 days later Babins and I were in her studio getting this awesome gift of gorgeous keepsake photographs, and she was getting some great practice in preparation for her soon-to-be-born niece's upcoming photo shoot. So I guess the lesson here is get pregnant and people will offer you free stuff!  Ok maybe not. Perhaps just be open and receptive. You never know what that stranger approaching you has to offer, and in being open to that energy you're helping them in return. Don't you just love the generosity and reciprocity of the Universe?

 
P.S. For all your skin care needs contact Angela with Pur Escape Skin Care @ (208)794-8046
P.P.S. For beautiful family photos contact Lindsey with Feather Blue Photography @ (208)869-8513 
 
 
Recommended meditation:
Flow & Synchronicity – Subliminal Messaging
http://www.brainsync.com/atozlist#oid=1278_1


 


No comments:

Post a Comment